Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Challenge Accepted - Here's something embarrassing for ya

I love Ellen. There. I said it. Call it as questionable as you want, but I think Ellen DeGeneres is possibly the funniest individual on television right now. Everything she does is absolutely hysterical. The monologue, the pranks, scaring the guests, scaring the audience, I love it all. So here's a top ten list for you, the top five things about Ellen moments that make me keep watching her, as selected by me. Don't like it? Oh well, sucks to suck

5. The scares


…because a cheap laugh will always make you crack a smile.

4. The hidden camera pranks with guests


Here's the all time classic original one - DENNIS QUAID IS HERE!

3. So You Think You Can Dance


It's impossible not to smile while watching this video. With contestant Alex Wong having to leave the competition injured, Ellen teamed up with eventual winner Twitch to give Alex quite the tribute, replicating the duo's previous dance. Too funny.

2. This kind of stuff


How cool would it be to have the ability to change someone in need's life on a seemingly daily basis? Unreal. This is the kind of stuff that makes people great in my eyes.

1. The Puppy Episode, aka Ellen's coming out party


Possibly one of the funniest moments in television history; Ellen's coming out. Not only was this sitcom moment absolutely hysterical, but it was a great moment for homosexual's everywhere. The way that Ellen came out was not only outrageously comical, but having the figurative balls to do it through her character on national television made quite the splash. Also, what a great cameo by Oprah being her therapist for the episode.

Well there you go, I went out of my comfort zone a bit and wrote something I didn't ever imagine writing - Ellen kicks ass. Ellen, if by some divine miracle you read this and could use a new employee, get in touch me anytime and I'll be on a flight out to California that day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love ellen so much. and yes "it sucks to suck"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her blue eyes, vests, and ties get me every time. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete